Votes

Request Archer C58HP Bandwidth Control & 5GHz optimization

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-06 23:15:20 - last edited 2022-10-27 09:47:05
Model: Archer C58HP  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 20180717

Hi TP-Link

I upgrade from TL-WR841HP to Archer C58HP, because this the only High Power router available in Indonesia to handle large area of my house.

TL-WR841HP working perfectly, but it's time to upgrade since many our family member devices is have Wifi 5 capability.

First of all, I'm suprised that no Bandwidth Control available, and QoS is working differently, any guest will have higher bandwidth, while our family member not. It's impossible to register every guest to low priority group. Which is I prefer the Bandwidth Control logic, I can group any DHCP clients to some range of IP, and limit the bandwidth. Please add this feature back. I need to limit guest bandwidth, and give priority to our family member.

Last thing is the Wifi 5 or 5 GHz is very unoptimized. I don't have option to choose channel width 20/40/80 MHz, and channel #36 up to #149 is not working at all, none our laptop or smartphone able to detect. Only 3 available channel (153,157,161) can be used, but still some our Wifi 5 devices is not able to connect (they can detect the signal, but not able to connect). I've try test this devices, to my friend house (he using DLINK), and it's just working properly in Wifi 5 protocol.

Please don't dissapointed your customer.

Thank you.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Request Archer C58HP Bandwidth Control & 5GHz optimization
2022-03-19 03:28:23

it's really impressive  how simply customers are ignored

I am also looking for some upgrades for the C58HP, i've opened a new thread for more than a month and nobody writes anything........

Options
2022-05-09 23:32:21

we need bandwidth control and guest network bandwidth control

Options
2022-05-10 13:23:05

like this

or

Options

Information

Helpful: 4