Deco M4 wifi speeds dropped significantly 1 week after initial set-up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-07 06:45:15
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20191102 Rel. 58333

Hello. We recently set up a deco M4R network at home. It was working fine for around a week or so, but now for the past few days the wifi on the Deco network has been terrible. It clocks at speeds of 2-15mbps (based on the deco app and on speedtest.net) only whereas our regular wifi that comes with the modem our ISP gave us still clocks at  our usual 150-300mbps. The ethernet cable connection (modem ->mesh->computer)still gives around 500mbps. It seems the only issue is the wifi on the Mesh network. I have tried restarting the modem and the deco but the problem persists. When i try to reboot the deco on the app, it says 'we couldn't find deco. something went wrong with the cloud service. please try again'. I've tried rebooting through the app when connected to the mesh network and also while connected to our other wifi network.

Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4 wifi speeds dropped significantly 1 week after initial set-up
2022-02-08 09:34:10

@martinceld 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I see your firmware is a customized firmware for a local internet service provider and have you ever checked with ISP to see if there is a new firmware upgrade?

Have you tried to manually power cycle the Deco?

If possible, could you please change a different Deco as the main unit to have a look:

How to Setup the Satellite Deco to be the Main Deco?

By the way, if turning off the 2.4ghz on the Deco, would the 5Ghz speed still be the same?

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 335

Replies: 1

Related Articles