Speed drop after mesh roaming Deco W6000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-07 11:05:10
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7 lastest

I have 3 (2 from 1 package and 1 another) Deco W6000 unit, when I set it all up, I found a strange issue, my smartphone randomly drop internet speed to about 35mbps when roaming to another deco unit, if I turn off the WiFi on smartphone and turn it on again, the problem will be solved. The probability is not high, but still annoying.

I can confrim that my Internet connection is stabilizing, I have 1000mbps connection from my ISP. My deco units are using AP mode and connected with ethernet backhoul. I have 2 phones (Oneplus 9 pro running color OS and oneplus 8 pro running oxygen os both using WiFi6) tested and showing the same issue.

Could you please check it, I believe it is a frimware issue with deco, if you need any log or something, i would like to provide. and sorry for my poor english, thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Speed drop after mesh roaming Deco W6000
2022-02-08 07:01:40

@pepperyk 

Hi, welcome to the community.

After reconnecting to the Wi-Fi, what is your normal speed on the smartphone?

Have you checked whether the smartphone is still connected to the previous Deco unit before turning off/on the Wi-Fi?

Would turning on/off the Mesh Technology on smartphones make any difference?

I see you tend to think it might be a firmware issue, did it start just after the 1.0.7 firmware?

Options
Re:Speed drop after mesh roaming Deco W6000
2022-02-08 07:17:57

@TP-Link thank you kindly giving the advice.

In normal case my smartphone got ~800 or ~930 mbps on the two phones, and yes it did connected to the nearby node successfully(it just happened when connected to the new nearby node). Sadly I try the all 3 available frimwares on support page all showing the same issue, I am not sure if it is a Oneplus issue or tplink issue, but I haven't had similar issues on other router devices.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 388

Replies: 2

Related Articles