Sky Q keeps showing no internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-08 12:10:02
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

first time poster here.

I purchased a re220 in order to boost signal to a room that is a wifi black out spot. I have put a new sky q mini box in to the black out spot however the main Sky Q box is with 12 feet of the booster.

The main sky q box connects to the booster and stays connected, however on my sky q main box it shows as having no internet connection yet remains connected. I have tried the usual steps of disconnecting/reconnecting, unplugging etc etc and no luck yet. 

This seems to be a problem with only the sky box but hoping someone on here has maybe had similiar issues and can point me in the right direction.

thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Sky Q keeps showing no internet connection
2022-02-08 12:14:09

@Bewick 

sorry forgot to add that im on virgin media broadband, rather than sky

Options
2022-02-09 12:28:57
I've never had Sky Q so not 100% sure on the setup, is your RE220 extender connected to your Virgin Media router. Don't think you mentioned that in your post? From your post it sounds like you've got both Sky Q boxes connected to the RE220 but not the Virgin router.. Also have you got the TP link tether app installed on a phone and if so what is the RE220 status on that app?
Options
2022-02-10 06:04:43

Hello @Bewick 

Please confirm other devices like your phone & laptop got internet from Wi-Fi of RE220 range extender. 

If RE220 has internet but only Skq Q main box has no internet, you may contact Sky and see if SkyQ box get an IP address, you may need to reconfigure sky Q or set up static IP on sky Q box. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2139

Replies: 3