Cannot find printer connected to other mesh node

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-08 15:20:10
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So I installed my Deco X90, four of them in total with two using wired backhaul and one using wireless backhaul. 

For some weird reason, both my printer and my Elgato Key Light is unreachable by units connected to another deco. As long as they are on the same deco, they find each other. But as soon as they connect to another one, they cannot find the printer nor the Keylight. The weird thing is that I can still ping the IP of the printer/Keylight using the IP seen in the Deco app, but no luck in either print services of the mac or the Keylight app on Mac and/or iOS. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

Options
5 Reply
Re:Cannot find printer connected to other mesh node
2022-02-09 07:03:30 - last edited 2022-02-09 07:07:52

@Snedvridenpanda 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback.

I might need to follow up on your case by email later and please check whether you have got an email from us.

At the same time, would there be any error message when IOS/macOS cannot find the printer? Or the Elgato control software cannot see the lights?

--can I have some pictures of the errors?

And please turn off the Mesh technology for the printer and light on the Deco APP to see whether it made any difference?

By the way, what is the model of your printer?

Options
2022-02-09 07:38:12 - last edited 2022-02-09 07:55:19

@TP-Link Thanks for the response!

I got the email from you, thank you. The printer is a Brother HL-L3270CDW, wirelessly connected (to one of the wired nodes). 

When starting to gather screenshots from you, it turns out my iPhone now can find both the Elgato Key Light AND the Printer, regardless of which AP it is connected to. That was not the case yesterday. However, my iPad still experience the same behaviour that the iPhone and my iMac did yesterday. Attaching screenshots for both. No error messages, they just say it cannot be found. 

Moving with my iPad to the same node that the Keylight has, it can all of a sudden find it. So the behaviour that I experienced yesterday on my iMac and iPhone is now gone (as far as I can tell), but it remains on my iPad. Have not tested any other devices yet.

Will test to turn off the Mesh technology for the printer and the Keylight as well

UPDATE: Turned off the Mesh Technology for the Keylight, no difference when it comes to the iPad (i.e. it can find it when connected to the same mesh node, but otherwise it doesn't find the item just like in the picture attached.). 

Options
2022-02-10 20:24:00

Update after another 24 hours. The same behaviour as yesterday persists. I've also noticed the same behaviour with my MB Air M1. 

So to summarize: 

- iPhone and iMac can connect to printer and to Keylight when they are on the same wireless network, regardless of which Deco node they are currently connected to. Note that this was not the case when this thread started, and it just started working after about 24 hours for both these devices. 

- iPad Pro (2019) and MB Air M1 cannot find neither printer nor Keylight, if they are not connected to the same Deco node. This behaviour persists even 48 hours after original posting. 

During the past 40 hours I have not made any changes, any restarts etc, except for turning off mesh technology on the Keylight as suggested. I was suspecting some sort of cache issue, but since two devices cleared after ~24 hours and two other devices have not cleared for about 48 hours, that seems less likely? 

I'm a bit at loss here. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Options
2022-02-11 06:12:46

@Snedvridenpanda 

Thank you very much for the further update.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers and please check whether you are able to get an email from us.

Options
2022-03-14 16:57:35

@TP-Link Thanks for the answer. I got the email and responded, as I could then reach both the printer and the Elgato Key Light. 

However, these problems keep reoccuring. As I'm writing this, I cannot access neither the printer nor the Keylight again. This time they are both on the same network AND connected to the same mesh node. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 612

Replies: 5

Related Articles