Archer C6 slow Download over Ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-08 21:16:12
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591

Having the same problem as many others Bought the Archer C6 as my Virgin Hub 4  did not do everything I wanted (but it did download at over 1Gb  got speeds of around 1100 Mb to 1200Mb )

Tested the Connection directly with the hub 4 today  I got a download speed of  751 Mb SO working  perfectly

Having put the Hub 4 into Modem Mode and Factory Resetting the Router  checked all suggestions

QOS off

Full Duplex

security off

Parental controls off

Wifi off

using speedtest.net  to test  I get

I know a lot of other people seem to have the same problem if a Gigabit Hub is bought for its Gigabit speed then it should work I hav3e read many posts since registering and cant seem to find a solution that works

I might try it in Access Point Mode to see if that works but will lose features, if nothing can be done then I have bought something capable to do something but does not in real-world conditions I could always install DD-WRT on it see if that works

Please any help would be great as I pay a premium Service to have a Gigabit internet speed

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C6 slow Download over Ethernet
2022-02-10 01:26:26

@dsg257 

Also used the same 2M cat 7 cable with Hub 4 and Archer C6 so the cable is fine  not the issue  connection speed from pc the C6 1000Mb

Options
2022-02-10 06:01:52

Hello @dsg257, thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

Is the 751 Mb download speed from the C6 or the Virgin Hub 4? I'm a little bit confused, as you said it's around 1100 Mb to 1200Mb when connecting to the Virgin Hub 4 first.

What is the WAN connection type on the C6? I would suggest resetting the C6 to factory defaults, then reconfiguring it from scratch to exclude all possible settings that may slow down the internet on it. When reconfiguring the C6, please don't modify any advanced settings such as QoS, just set up the internet on the router, then test and monitor the actual speed by connecting the computer to the C6 LAN port.

BTW, when did you purchase the router? Does it behave the same when you first install it?

Options
2022-02-10 08:44:28

@Kevin_Z 

I know i said that i got between 1100 -1200 Mb from Virgin Hub  but the last test was 751MB  the only  thing i have changed from the default settings is naming the various devices attached to the C6 my slow 751Mb will be taken up with virgin media

Options