MikroTik Chateau 5G and extender TP-Link RE450 AC1750 connected but no internet.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

MikroTik Chateau 5G and extender TP-Link RE450 AC1750 connected but no internet.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-09 13:00:44
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

Dear Forum,

Please help. Since I've stuck with this problem.

Biggest Latvian ISP provided new router MikroTik 5G in exchange of old TP-Link router, provided by them also.

So the main problem is, when I've had all my devices from TP-Link, I've could just click on button WPS on all my devices and it worked perfectly, but right now it cannot be done, since this feature are available if all devices are from one manufacturer.

Right now, MikroTik are pre-configured by ISP (ethernet ports, WLans, IP addresses, DHCP pool and DHCP server on it), but I've changed couple of things:

*Disabled MAC filtering

*Disabled Firewall (temporary)

*Disabled Access Control and Access Lists.

*TP-Link extenders were resetted before new topology. 

* Mode were selected as extender not AP and done quick setup.

* After that, extender appeared with my SSID in WiFi list 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, but when I trying to connect to them, it tells "Connected, but no internet" - MikroTik recognizing the extender in pool and providing IP address. 

** Extenders are working fine, with other AP.

Tried the hints from this articles, unfortunately didn't helped : 

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/153009 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/198516

The Mikrotik working fine, all websites are working, when you are connecting directly without extender.

I will really appeciate any help, if you have encountered this kind of problem or similar.

Thank you in advance.

Options
4 Reply
Re:MikroTik Chateau 5G and extender TP-Link RE450 AC1750 connected but no internet.
2022-02-10 03:36:16 - last edited 2022-02-10 05:40:44

Hello @havokan 

Thank you for your detailed post,  may I know how about the 2.4Ghz& 5Ghz WiFi Led status on RE450 after set up? 

Try a different WiFi channel on router 

Please confirm RE450 V3 is on the latest firmware :

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/re450/v3/#Firmware

Can you help confirm some case details here to help locate the issue: 

1. After setup, if RE gets a new IP address from MicroTik router, can I have a photo of that? Please use that IP address of RE to login the web page of range extender after set up, take a photo of RE Status page & save RE log file and share the log here( system tools-> collect log after 3-5mins after RE setup )

2. After RE set up failed, please check router log  and see if there is any related log, if so, please share here. 

3. May I know the Router model and router firmware, and  have a photo of the Router Wi-Fi settings? 

Thank you. 

Options
Re:MikroTik Chateau 5G and extender TP-Link RE450 AC1750 connected but no internet.
2022-02-10 09:31:01

@Solla-topee thank you for fast response. Really appreciate it.

So about firmware of RE 

This the latest update, that were provided by manufacturer.

1. RE status page 

and the log after 40 minutes of installing and configuring RE

2. log on router 

3. Router Board mikrotik

Latest update

ROUTER SETTING

Thank you

Options
2022-02-11 03:50:56

Hello @havokan 

Thank you very much for more case details, very helpful! I would like to escalate your case through support email TKID220211535 to  look into that further, please check your inbox, thank you. 

Options
2022-03-09 02:20:27

Good day  @havokan 

I would like to know if you have sort things out, did you try to configure RE DHCP settings as suggested in support email. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2965/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 645

Replies: 4