Limit speed (throttle) clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-10 01:18:38
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

We are an Apple household with 11 people living here. Irritatingly, when iCloud Drive is enabled, the process that syncs data to the Apple servers automatically uses all available bandwidth for upload. 

Today I edited a video that was 3.5GB.  After saving it, iCloud tries to sync and it basically screws up the network for everyone until the iCloud sync completes. 

There is no way to throttle this in OSX.  There is a 3rd party utility called "snail" which generally works well but I have to manually install/configure it on each machine. 

I'd like to be able to establish a limit on upload or download for clients so that none of the devices can cripple the entire network. 

help? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Limit speed (throttle) clients
2022-02-10 03:35:09

@LeadershipGeek 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Have you tried to enable the QoS and choose Application priority for “Standard” to see if that helps?

Using QoS feature of Deco

By the way, How many Apple devices do you have?

How many Deco M9 plus do you have and can I have a picture of the whole network layout?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 265

Replies: 1

Related Articles