Chromecast Will Not Setup to TP-Link AC2600 Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-10 20:04:08 - last edited 2022-02-11 00:49:26
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0

Hi All

I have recently purchased a AC2600 / A10 Wireless router and I am having a problem setting up a Chromecast Ultra to the wifi. The wifi works for everything else fine but not the Chromecast. I have factory reset both the router and the Chromecast, but it made no difference. I am selecting the same wifi connection for the Chromecast setup that I am connected to on my Android device. I have also upgraded the firmware on the router, but this didn't make any difference.The Chromecast worked on my old router, a D-Link, but I thought I would update it with a more advanced feature and faster router. Works great except I can't use my Chromecast anymore. I have done this a dozen times in the past, so I know the process. There has to be something in the router that the Chromecast doesn't like. This has to be a common problem since Chromecasts are commonplace in most houses. Any one have this problem who found a solution? I searched online for similar problems but none of their solutions worked for me.

Juddy

Options
1 Reply
Re:Chromecast Will Not Setup to TP-Link AC2600 Router
2022-02-12 14:17:42

@Juddy 

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

For your Chromecast connection issue, I think this guide may help you

Why my Chromecast cannot get internet access with the modem/router, what troubleshooting should I follow?

If your issue can't be solved, please tell me what your situation is and what troubleshooting steps you have done. Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 597

Replies: 1

Related Articles