WiFi devices can't reconnect to TD-8961N(EU)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-11 08:11:28
Model: TD-W8961N  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.0 Build 170919 Rel.21648

Hi, 

I have a TD-8961N(EU) ADSL modem version 3.20 with stock firmware of 3.0.0 Build 170919 Rel.21648.

Problem is when my wireless devices disconnect from WiFi, they can't reconnect. My Huawei Mate 10 (Android 10.0.0) says Access is Denied and my Win 10 laptop says can't connect to network.

So far I've tried:

- Wireless mode from 802.11 b.g.n to 802.11 n.

- Authentication to WPA2-PSK - Encryption to AES

- setting channel from Auto to 1, 6 and 11 separately.

But the problem persists. Hope you can help me with this issue.

Best regards.

Options
5 Reply
Re:WiFi devices can't reconnect to TD-8961N(EU)
2022-02-11 14:33:24

@JackD 

It seems that there's a newer FW release for your modem here.

You could try to upgrade to the latest one and test again.

If the issue persists forget the wireless SSID from your mobile and Win10 PC and test again.

If that doesn't help change the wireless security version from WPA2-PSK to Auto and test again.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-02-11 15:49:31

@terziyski 

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I actually did all the steps mentioned but the last one, I don't have an Audo settings under Authentication Type.

Best regards.

Options
2022-02-11 17:42:18

@JackD 

Is the problem with these two devices only or with every device you use ?

If you don't have Auto then try setting WPA-PSK / AES just for the test.

I suppose the wireless signal is strong enough when doing these tests.

If nothing helps you could try reset TD-8961N to factory defaults and re-configure from scratch.

You can reset the device the following way:

"With the modem router powered on, press and hold down the WPS/RESET button for about 8 seconds until all LEDs turn off momentarily, then release the button."

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-02-11 22:19:47

@terziyski 

Yes with every device. I talked with customer support and they suggested some changes to settings, if they don't work I'll factory reset and let you know.

Also will test changing to WPA-PSK / AES then, even though my laptop is just 6 months old and my phone is I think 4 or 5 years old, Android 10.

Thank you for your replies again.

Best.

Options
2022-02-12 02:17:22

@JackD 

Follow the customer support directions in this case. Let the reset to factory defaults be your last resort.

If it comes to that, it would be wise to make a backup of your modem configuration in case anything goes wrong when re-configuring from scratch.

This should be possible from your modem web interface - your modem user guide - Page 64/65.

In your case setting WPA-PSK / AES  probably won't change anything, but its á quick test.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 618

Replies: 5