WDS bridging

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WDS bridging

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WDS bridging
WDS bridging
2022-02-12 13:07:14
Model: Archer AX53  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I could not find WDS option on the setup page. How can I setup WDS to connect the AX53 to the main router wirelessly?

Options
1 Reply
Re:WDS bridging
2022-02-15 12:52:50

Zapiquin wrote

I could not find WDS option on the setup page. How can I setup WDS to connect the AX53 to the main router wirelessly?

Hello @Zapiquin,

As per the User Manual for Archer AX53, it doesn't support WDS:

https://static.tp-link.com/upload/manual/2021/202111/20211111/1910013106_Archer%20AX53_UG_REV1.0.0.pdf

It only supports Router Mode and Access Point Mode. You will need to connect it to the main router with an Ethernet cable by configuring it into an AP mode. 

Or, you can confirm if you can configure the AX53 as the main router, and connect the existing main router to AX53 via WDS if that one supports it.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1971

Replies: 1

Related Articles