Chromebook not connecting to 2,4 Ghz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-14 07:47:01
Model: Archer C60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.0 Build 20161206 rel.60287

Hi all, I have a problem that is driving me crazy with my router Archer C60 V2.0.

My Daughter's Chromebook does not connect to the 2,4 Ghz wireless net generated by the router, while the laptop connects fine to any other 2,4 Ghz networks. However it connects without problems to rhe 5 Ghz net, but it is not strong enough where she needs to be connected and not always SSID is visible, so I prefer that the Chromebook would connect also to the 2,4 net as all my other devices are doing.

Tried so many things and followed all suggestions I could find on internet, without success. Only way to establish the connection to the Archer is to let it open without any authentication, which I would like not to do. 

Not official firmware update appears for my router in the settings menu. Is there any possibility to fix the issue? It is quite frustrating.

Thanks a lot to anyone who can give a help

Options
5 Reply
Re:Chromebook not connecting to 2,4 Ghz
2022-02-15 07:47:55

Hello @Gio_B, thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

Please check the suggestions provided by woozle below, then confirm if the Chromebook can connect to the 2.4G network, especially the security:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/530992

Will it connect to the Guest network?

Options
2022-02-16 17:44:12

@Kevin_Z   Hi Kevin, thank you for your welcome and support. I am pretty sure to have tried already all security settings possible combination, from auto to wpa-psk and wpa2-psk, without success. I am not sure about the need to set channel 36, but I will try again later. 

The laptop connects without problems to any other 2,4Ghz net, also to the range extender (very old d-limk) and yes, it is able to connect to the guest Wifi, but only if it is free, not protected by a password

Options
2022-02-17 07:12:36

Gio_B wrote

@Kevin_Z   Hi Kevin, thank you for your welcome and support. I am pretty sure to have tried already all security settings possible combination, from auto to wpa-psk and wpa2-psk, without success. I am not sure about the need to set channel 36, but I will try again later. 

The laptop connects without problems to any other 2,4Ghz net, also to the range extender (very old d-limk) and yes, it is able to connect to the guest Wifi, but only if it is free, not protected by a password

Hello, @Gio_B, no need to try channel 36, that is for the 5GHz settings. Since you are having an issue with the 2.4GHz connection, there is no need to change that. But you can try different channels for the 2.4GHz network, you may install and run a Wi-Fi analyzer on the laptop or phone to review all the networks around you, then try choosing one with less interference.

BTW, what if you reset the router to factory defaults, leave all the wireless settings by default, will the Chromebook connect to it? If it can connect in that way, you may leave the wireless settings by default, but just change the wireless password to a stronger one for security concern, then monitor again.

Options
2022-02-19 07:40:05

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin, just to give you a feedback. The strength of the 2,4 Ghz started suddenly to be very weak a couple of days ago. Only devices very close to the router were able to see it, while all the other in my house became blind. No interference is present because I live in a single house and I also checked with a WiFi analyzer. Flag was always on "high" power transmission, but indeed the router seemed to transmit at low power. 5 Ghz was more visible...after some attempts, also a hard reset, I had nothing to do, but to change the router. Anyway, thank you a lot for your time. I appreciate it. Cheers

Options
2022-02-21 08:08:15

Thank you for the update. @Gio_B 

If that is the case, you can contact the reseller or contact the local tech support to request a replacement as per the warranty policy:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/replacement-warranty/

Please let me know if there is anything new that comes up. Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 809

Replies: 5

Related Articles