Deco M4R - Connection between Decos problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-14 11:45:28
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.2

Hello, 

I have a problem with my Deco devices. So basically, this is my situation. I have 4 Deco devices. The problem is that all of them let's say secondary Decos connect to a main Deco and they do not make a daisy chain. This doesn't make any sense. The problem is that some of the secondary have really bad signal to the main Deco and they still decide to connect to the main Deco. My plan was this. My main Deco and one other Deco they do not "see" each other optically, but they are close to each other and the signal is good. That secondary Deco just mentioned can optically view third, and third can do the same with 4th. This means that signal between them should be fairly good. Nevertheless they all decide to connect to main deco with awful signal, and therefore I have very poor internet speeds. How to overcome this, and force them to connect to the deco with much better signal? Please check the attached screenshots. Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IBHxBtQmnv0K_ajrBCPibxfsDRqjd75f/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W-tq7oTi_6eDsxD5gR8pRjZ-QLCsEimY/view?usp=drivesdk

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4R - Connection between Decos problem
2022-02-15 03:51:46

@Kajo_CRO 

Hi, Thank you for the details.

Can I also have a picture of your floor map about the location and distance between each unit, such as:

When the satellite units stay connected to the main Deco, have you noticed any disconnection on the satellite units?

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 380

Replies: 1

Related Articles