Tp-link router with firewall

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-14 12:30:49

Hello,

I would like some advice on buying wifi routers/firewalls for simple use: 
I want to connect the wifi router to the modem on ethernet.
I would like it to have a firewall (standard firewall rules, I don't have any specific use).
I would also like it to allow me to configure a VPN access and eventually connect a NAS to the wifi router. (I want the NAS to remain invisible from the internet).

Do you have any good advice?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tp-link router with firewall
2022-02-16 13:22:20

Hi @sol918 

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

Most of our new models have the Firewalls feature. You can check these model by click on here

Note: You can check the user guide to identify if this modem support firewall feature. 

Besides, you mentioned that you want to configure a VPN access. May I know you want to configure our router as a VPN server or a VPN client?

And for your last requirement, if you connect NAS to our router, then it can not be invisible to other devices because they are in the same network. But I think there must be a way to set access account for your NAS. In that case, devices that do not know the access account cannot access NAS. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-02-17 12:02:53
Thank you very much ! I want to configure a vpn account as a client. Regards.
Options
2022-02-18 07:48:18

sol918 wrote

Thank you very much ! I want to configure a vpn account as a client. Regards.

@sol918 The models we listed below support VPN Client right now, you may check:

Routers Supporting VPN Client

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options