Speed Via AX50 half of what I get through standard modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-16 19:31:03
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest firmware

Hi

Has anyone had success resolving this? Have updated QoS and made sure no priorities are active. Device and application.

This is not why I bought this router to throttle my speed. I bought it to improve strength of signal, now it's worse.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Speed Via AX50 half of what I get through standard modem
2022-02-17 02:11:35 - last edited 2022-02-17 02:14:27

DavidLpl wrote

Hi

Has anyone had success resolving this? Have updated QoS and made sure no priorities are active. Device and application.

This is not why I bought this router to throttle my speed. I bought it to improve strength of signal, now it's worse.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Hello @DavidLpl, thank you for reaching out to us, and welcome to the TP-Link community.

Hello, do you mean only the 2.4GHz connection is slow? Is the 5GHz speed normal? If that is the case, it's quite possible that the 2.4GHz band around you is highly congested. You can check that by installing an app like Wi-Fi Analyzer on your phone or laptop and test, then set a channel with less congestion according to the test results on the AX50.

Check this troubleshooting article for more suggestions:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2170/

Options
Re:Speed Via AX50 half of what I get through standard modem
2022-02-17 08:41:02
Thanks No it can't be congestion. I have tested with isp modem and I am getting full speed. 5ghz is better (nearer or on advertised speed) 2ghz I'm only getting 60-90) when it should be 200mb. As I say, speed is fine with ISP modem. Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 192

Replies: 2

Related Articles