Deco X5700 network always congested

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-18 08:06:58
Model: Deco X5700  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

I recently purchased a Deco X5700 mesh system. I have both nodes connected. The network optimization portion of the app always shows the network is congested. Even after I optimize, it will repeatedly say it is congested over and over. 

I owned (3) X68 Deco units and (3) M9 Plus units before and never had this issue. Why does the X5700 system have this issue and how can it be fixed?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco X5700 network always congested
2022-02-21 07:05:03

@Letsgetsnerdy 

Hi, I tend to think the network optimization feature needs to be improved, and based on the feedback we have received, the diagnostic of network optimization is not so accurate.

Have you noticed any performance issues when network optimization reported “congested”?

Options
2022-02-21 18:31:58

@TP-Link what I notice is when my Speedtest results are dramatically lower than normal, I will run the "optimize" feature. I run the speedtest again and it will go back to normal. Seems to be a cycle of this behavior. 

Options
2022-02-22 08:41:18

@Letsgetsnerdy 

Hi, could you please turn off the 2.4ghz on the main network, and enable the guest network for 2.4ghz only?

I tend to think the unstable speed happened to 2.4ghz only since 2.4ghz is easily affected by wireless interference.

By the way, how often will the speed drop dramatically?

How many 2.4ghz online clients do you have and any of them are smart IoT devices?

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-02-22 20:20:30

@TP-Link There are 5 (out of 24) devices connected to the 2.4GHz band. Dell printer, Roomba, Vizio TV, Amazon Echo and an Android phone. 

If I switch the 2.4GHz band to guest network only, will the printer still function across all devices?

Not sure why one of my Vizio TV's is connecting via 2.4GHz, when another one is connecting to the 5GHz (preferred). My preference is to only have devices without a 5GHz network chips connect to the 2.4GHz band (like the Dell printer).

Options
2022-02-23 08:44:21

@Letsgetsnerdy 

Hi, thank you for getting back to me.

In this way, I think the guest network is not an ideal suggestion for the printer.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers and please check whether you could get an email from me.

At the same time, later if the network speed dropped dramatically again, can you help me collect the following information:

1. Some screenshots of the wireless channel of 2.4ghz and 5ghz before and after optimizing the network.

You could check via Wi-Fi analyzer or go to Deco APP>Overview>settings on the top left>Deco lab> Wi-Fi assistant>Wi-Fi interference at the bottom.

2. When the speed got dramatically slower, how much you could get from Deco, and after optimizing the network, how much you could get then?

Options
2022-03-06 03:19:34

@TP-Link when the network is optimal I get 700 Mb per second. When the network is congested I get around 200 Mb per second. The channels seems to switch everytine I run an optimization. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 1091

Replies: 6