Deco m5 not connecting to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-19 09:43:47
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, i am trying to setup a new deco m5 system connecting to PLDT fibr router/modem. Everything goes well until i connect to the deco wifi, the led lits steady red and there is no internet connection. I tried already to reset a few times, changed the dns to 8.8.8.8, but all without luck. Anyone ideas or options? Thank you

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco m5 not connecting to internet
2022-02-21 06:06:40

@Hometest 

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

When I checked your TP-Link ID, I see the Deco M5 plus is online already and I guess you have fixed the internet issue already?

If yes, could you please share with us what happened and how you fixed the problem?

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-02-24 21:41:21
Hello, apparently the provider opened only 1 Lan port, the other ports are not available. Only problem now is that I connected the deco to the only open Lan-port and had to put my desktop straight into the deco extra Lan port. The desktop only worked after changing from wireless router-mode to Access Point-mode. Shouldn't the internet at the extra lan port of the deco also work in wireless router mode? Or do I need to expand my single lan port the with a lan-switch or hub? Thank you.
Options
2022-02-25 12:53:54 - last edited 2022-02-25 14:34:52

@Hometest 

If you have static IP address configured on your desktop PC, that would explain it. When Deco runs in Router mode, it creates its own subnet, which is going to be incompatible with your PC static address. When Deco is in AP mode, Deco uses your ISP Router subnet and PC with static IP from that subnet will get network access.

Options