BUG: All Deco are named Deco in Google Assistant

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-19 18:58:27
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

Before, in Google Assistant, Deco were correctly named as I nammed them in the Deco app.
Some days ago, I bought a new Deco and in Google Assistant, it was nammed "Deco", which is not really clear.
And looking in the name given by Deco, I can see all Deco are named "Deco" in Google assistant.
Why this regression?

If only the main Deco is useful, so expose only the main Deco. But if all can be used, please don't name them all "Deco", it was not the case before all Deco had their right name.

Options
2 Reply
Re:BUG: All Deco are named Deco in Google Assistant
2022-02-21 03:41:32

@Nardol 

Hi, Thank you for your feedback.

I have seen this feedback before and the engineers used to explain that Google assistant is only able to recognize the device name of main Deco, and the rest of the satellite units could only be recognized as “Deco” with no other identifications.

So it is suggested to give other satellite units different name tags on the Google Assistant APP directly.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/264458​​​​​​​

Options
Re:BUG: All Deco are named Deco in Google Assistant
2022-02-21 11:15:59

@TP-Link It is worse in my case because even the main Deco is named "M5".
And why this has been changed, before I had right name for each Deco. I call it a regression.

It make thing complicated for nothing because for someone who has three Deco this person has to add the main deco, connect to Google Assistant and rename the main deco, add the second to deco, go back to Google Home to rename the second, and same for the third.

Why changing to make things more complicated?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 414

Replies: 2

Related Articles