AX90 5GHZ-2 Band issue.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX90 5GHZ-2 Band issue.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AX90 5GHZ-2 Band issue.
AX90 5GHZ-2 Band issue.
2022-02-21 19:28:10
Model: Archer AX90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.6 Build 20220118 rel.72719

Hi Team,

I have recently purchased a tp-link ax90 router from amazon India and it has some problems with the speed of WIFI band 5G-2 160mhz. My broadband plan is 350mbps and I am getting the same speed on the 2 other bands for ex- 2.4ghz and 5ghz-1 but on the 5ghz-2 dropped to 30-50mbps after some time. And ping also increased to 1ms, 2ms to 600ms, 1000ms. I did everything factory reset 2 times using default settings and nothing works. This device's firmware had some issues. Any manual applied DFS channel turns into any random channel 149-161 automatically even though those are not there. Once it changed from DFS to 149-161 channel internet speed dropped to much even LAN transfer speed also dropped.

How to fix please suggest. I spent 16k money for the 3rd band and it is not working properly-getting too high pings and slow speed. Not expected with such a costly router.

Please release a fixed version of the firmware. 

Please look into the attached video link for reference. 

FYI I replaced the device with a service center and a new one has the same issue. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X_MgkuJvNe0ylkZa63Vm1y1jaeiSXlBC/view?usp=sharing

Any help is much appreciated. 

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:AX90 5GHZ-2 Band issue.
2022-02-22 08:41:26

Hello @Jason2988, thank you for posting in the community.

Can you please confirm if there are other 5GHz networks that also work in the same DFS channel? Try a different channel if possible.

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up. Thank you.

Options
2022-02-22 09:02:47 - last edited 2022-02-22 12:03:17

Sir I did everything, checked all DFS channels one by one. It keeps changing from DFS to normal channels even though they are not there.

My settings.

Channel Width: 160mhz

Channel: DFS100- DFS128

Mode: 802.11ax only

But after some time it changes to

Channel Width: 160mhz

Channel: 149-161

Mode: 802.11ax only

I did every possible way to fix but nothing works. I don't have any other router at my home I tried to downgrade the firmware too. But no luck. Please check the video I have posted.

Options
2022-02-25 09:00:25 - last edited 2022-02-25 09:09:00

@Jason2988   [TP-Link Support]-[TKID220224436] 

Your message wasn't delivered because the recipient's email provider rejected it.

Dear Customer,

1.According to the log file, it seems that the time zone setting on the router is different from the one on your computer. Please change the time zone setting first.

Visit tplinkwifi.net, click Advanced-> System->Time & Language. Please change the Time Zone of the router. 

2.After changing the channel and the bandwidth, did it only affect the 5G-2 speed or affect 5G-1, 2.4G & Ethernet speed at the same time?

Please choose the same Speedtest server when you're testing the speed. In your video, sometimes you use "Excitel" speedtest server, sometimes use "Tata Play Fiber".

Please do the speedtest for several times and find the most stable server for the test. Keep using the same server for the test.

3.The wireless signal changed significantly on your computer. Have you ever moved the position of your computer yesterday?

Hi Tassy,

1. According to the log file, it seems that the time zone setting on the router is different from the one on your computer. Please change the time zone setting first. 
"I have tested this already many times. No luck." 

2. After changing the channel and the bandwidth, did it only affect the 5G-2 "Yes" All other bands work normally. 
   Speed test with other bands with the same server had no issue. USB transfer also affected the 5G-2 when it’s changed to normal bands.

3. When you were testing yesterday, I placed the laptop beside my router. Later I moved to another room just 10 meters away. (signal fluctuation is too much with these AX90 routers).

I am testing this router last 3 weeks. The service center has changed this router and given a new one. This one has the same issue. 

Anyway, this router does not have many settings to play with. All settings were checked by me many times.
I just want to know how it gets changed even after manual setting when those channels are not there. ( Don't say RADAR is here) It should switch to another DFS channel if it is used by the RADAR. why it goes on a normal channel.

Don’t make me fool?  I have many TP-LINK devices at my home none of them had such an issue.  I already told you no RADAR site is here. 

I want a solution. I haven't contacted you to waste your and my time as well.

Regards,

All the emails I sent today were not delivered. Your system is marked as spam. This is very unfortunate. Don't sell crap products if you don't want to support them.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 467

Replies: 3

Related Articles