Deco M9 plus firmware 1.5.6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-27 21:15:49
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

So... have looking forward for a year for a release of new firmware that would improve the way the decos selects how to connect to each other.

What a joy when I today got a notification about a firmware update!

Well, in regular TP-link manners the joy was short lived. My setup is 1 v2 M9+ and 3 v1 M9+ that I bought a few months before. Only the v2 deco shows the update. How would installing the update on the v2 deco (my main deco) affect my network? Will I be able to use the new improved deco select function? Will the main deco stop communication with the older decos? Once again more questions and if past experiences is any indicator the answers from @TP-Link will be worthless if not even ignorant. If I buy a whole home wifi, and that not for small money, I expect it to be supported by the manufacturer far longer then this.

If I'm not able to install the update on v1 then this will definitely be the last time I buy a TP-link product. My trust in your company, support and product will be used up if this isn't solved in some way.

Embarrassing!!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M9 plus firmware 1.5.6
2022-02-28 01:45:11

@sweede Hi, Please refer to the following information:

How would installing the update on the v2 deco (my main deco) affect my network? Will I be able to use the new improved deco select function? Will the main deco stop communication with the older decos? 

The firmware 1.5.6 has not added the feature of "Deco select/manual signal source selection" yet and only updating the main Deco to 1.5.6 will not stop communication with the older Decos. Though Deco M9 V1 could not use the new 1.5.6 firmware, the Modifications and Bug Fixes on the release note of 1.5.6 will work on the whole Mesh system as long as the main Deco is 1.5.6.

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Deco M9 plus firmware 1.5.6
2022-02-28 17:15:32
And how about future updates? Will there be any for v1?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 305

Replies: 2

Related Articles