Deco E4r DHCP still activated in access point mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-01 12:07:35
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Latest

Hi,

I have a deco e4r v2 in house behind a home fiber router! I am trying to configure the e4r in access point mode but still receiving the smart DHCP ip instead of my router one. Latest firmware has been applied

In fact as default gateway i am still receiving the Lan IP and not my router IP. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco E4r DHCP still activated in access point mode
2022-03-01 16:59:50

@Kamel.trabulsi 

That's a know issue. Check this solution and this post.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Deco E4r DHCP still activated in access point mode
2022-03-02 08:42:44

@Kamel.trabulsi 

Nice to see you again and I also get your private message.

Sorry for the delay.

Since there is no beta firmware available for Deco E4 yet and the DHCP server under access point would not be enabled for no reason, if you do not mind, could you please email  support.forum@tp-link.com with the following information:

1. A picture of your network layout. (If possible, please mark out the model number of your main router.)

2. Can you attach some pictures that clients are getting IP addresses from Deco, instead of the main router?

3. Did the main router maintain functional all the time with no power outage during these times?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 577

Replies: 2

Related Articles