Connecting to Powerline wirelessly?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-04 13:16:11

Hi All, new to the forum, am a UK based electrical contractor and do a bit of home/small business network type stuff, especially as things become more connected.

I have a conundrum that I'm hoping someone can shed a bit of light on.

Situation is this:

I have an EV charging point to install for a customer, it requires a Wifi connection in order for the user to manage charging sessions via an app, usually this isn't a problem, however in this case the charger needs to be fitted outside the garage which is around 20 metres from the house. There is an existing electrical circuit running to a distribution board in the garage, however the supply to the house is 3 phase (more similar to light industrial) and the submain to the garage is on a different phase from the house where the router is located, my understanding is that Powerline won't work accross separate phases the garage supply is from a small distribution board at the house and it would be possible to connect a single socket to this DB and plug in one end of the powerline kit, however it is quite some distance from the router and I don't really want to run a long ethernet cable to the router location, is there a powerline system available that will allow me to connect to the router wirelessly too or is it ethernet only?

Alternatively a recommendation for plug in wireless repeater that will cover the 20 metres to the garage (would be more or less open field except for one brick wall) would also be welcome.

Thanks

Dave

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 339

Replies: 0

Related Articles