TP Link Repeater RE655 does not connect: Internet is 'No status'

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-06 19:41:21
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20210302 Rel. 81179(6985)

HI there,

I bought a RE655 range extender. After initial setup it briefly appears to work. However when using it later on, one fails to connect online. Looking at the settings, the issue seems to be with the Internet status, which appears as 'Unknown' (see screenshot below). 

I've done a factory reset, and the same occurred. Following setup things briefly appear to work, but then fail to do so. There is one thing which I have noticed, which is that there logs show that DHCP detection has failed. I assume that might be the root cause of the issues, although I am not sure how to rectify this.

Any help would be much appreciated, I'd prefer not having to send it back!

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP Link Repeater RE655 does not connect: Internet is 'No status'
2022-03-07 06:42:50

Hello @sssimila 

Thanks for your detailed post!

Can I know the LED status on RE655 when connection drops, are the WiFi LEDs stay ON or goes OFF?  If leds stay ON, try case1 in thread below and enable DHCP server and manually set up IP settings on range extender: 

[Troubleshooting] Range Extender Keeps Losing Connection

If still the smme, can you help confirm some case details here
1. Brand and model of router &  Network topology, e.g.  Router AX1500 <wireless> RE450

2. How often does RE lose Internet and how to recover, like reboot RE or reboot router?

3. How about the Led status on RE when issue occurs? 

Options