DSL modem router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DSL modem router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DSL modem router
DSL modem router
2022-03-07 12:14:38

Hi

I have a vdsl2 connection from my ISP and the router they have provided is very old and doesn't even have dual band. DSL modem routers seem to be very rare and the ones I find are either very old like the one I have or very costly.

I have my eye on the Netgear d7000 adsl/vdsl router but it's from 2015 and I wanna know if it's worth buying at this price today.

Otherwise should I get a separate modem and router? Even modems seem hard to find and are expensive.

Please help me out. Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:DSL modem router
2022-03-07 16:13:51 - last edited 2022-03-07 16:43:27

@DennisSSebasiSt 

You could buy a cheap dual band wireless router like Archer C64 or similar and connect it behind the ISP modem.

Before taking any action consult with your ISP if their modem can be set in bridge mode.

If they confirm that it can, you should be fine with this scenario and avoid the double NAT in your network.

If they confirm that it can't, you can set the dual band router in AP mode, avoid the double NAT and expand your wireless coverage.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options