Which Deco is best for a pre wired cat 6 property

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-07 17:44:21

Hi all

Im looking for some advice on what deco syetem would be the optimum solution for me .

My property is 3 story and 5 bedrooms all prewired in Cat 6 cabling.

My current router feeds to a  1Gb Cisco 40 port switch which then feeds to each room in the house.

My new virgin media install to their M500 plan is booked for 10 days time and I want to purchase the optimum system for me to give a stable and decent wifi coverage. I will plug each deco into a network switch to give the best connection but im unsure which model and number of channels is best?

also if the decos are hardwired does the Backhaul still use one of the  two available channels meaning it reduces the overall effective wifi bandwidth and  speeds?

Thanks 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Which Deco is best for a pre wired cat 6 property
2022-03-08 06:30:12

@Thackers 

Hi, Thank you very much for reaching out to us.

Since you already have a new virgin router and wish to wire all the Deco via Cisco switch, I would suggest using access point mode, instead of the wireless router.

What’s the difference between Access Point mode and Router mode on the Deco?

As for the exact model, Deco M5 and Deco M9 plus are quite competitive in price and network performance for the Wi-Fi 5 models.

I see you mentioned Deco X20 and Deco X60, and it seems like you are quite interested in Wi-Fi 6.

We have a "compare" function on the official website and you could check the difference between these two models:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/compare/?typeId=5700&productIds=50237%2C53254

the main benefit of Deco X60 is on the 5ghz wireless Link speed due to 6 Streams.

Options
Re:Which Deco is best for a pre wired cat 6 property
2022-03-08 18:49:09

@David-TP 

thanks sir.

if I set in AP mode, do I need to still set the router to modem mode?

also is their any disadvantages using AP mode?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 726

Replies: 2