X90 Main Deco has become unstable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-08 08:14:36
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

Had 3*M9+ for a couple of years, expanded with 2*X90 a few weeks ago. All 5 units active now, wireless mesh setup, cabled clients connected to satellite X90 and one M9+.

All in all I guess we could have almost 50 potential client devices on the network.

This worked really well until two days ago (March 6 2022) when the main X90 Deco started freezing with red LED every few hours. 

Plugging power in and out solves the problem, but it is not OK to have to do this all the time.

When it is back up everything works, but I get new notifications in the Deco app about every device we have "joining" the network.

The Internet connection is OK seen from the cable modem, it is the main Deco that messes up. I have unplugged the modem also, but the results are the same.

Options
4 Reply
Re:X90 Main Deco has become unstable
2022-03-08 09:28:00

@PP_Nor 

Hi, please refer to this link to change a different X90 as the main Deco to see whether the issue continued.

How to Setup the Satellite Deco to be the Main Deco?

If yes, please send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with the following information:

1. May I know who is your internet service provider and what is the model number of your cable modem?

2. what is your internet IPV4 connection type and can I have a picture of the IPV4 settings when the main X90 turned flashing red again?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2022-04-28 07:01:48

@David-TP Thank you for replying.

My ISP is Telia (Norway). The cable modem is a Sagemcom 3890v3, software version FAST3890V3_GET-SIP_sw05.76.9.7v-6.

I tried changing the main Deco, which did not help.

Since my previous post I have replaced the cable modem twice (with new modems which are the same model).

The cable modems have also been reset. The problem persists. 

I need Internet access in places that are not covered by the cable modem, so what I am doing currently is that I have a WiFi repeater with a cabled option connected to the WiFi of the cable modem. The main Deco is cabled to the repeater, so I have full coverage through my mesh setup.

This is not ideal, of course, and the maximum speed in the Deco network is 20% of what I'd get with the Deco cabled to the modem, but it has been stable for a day and a half. 

Options
2022-05-16 06:45:01

@David-TP I have not been able to solve the problem, really. Wiring the X90 to the modem "kills" the ethernet ports of the modem after a while when they are connected directly, and the modem needs to be restarted to fix it.

Now I have an old Netgear router placed between the Deco and the modem, so I have a wired connection and it is mostly stable, but it is annoying to have an extra device running which should not be needed.

Options
2022-05-16 11:29:38

@PP_Nor 

Hi, Sorry for the delay.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance and please check whether you have got an email from me.

Thank you.

and if possible, could you please spend a little time and help me complete the following survey:

Deco X50-POE Survey

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 267

Replies: 4

Related Articles