PS4 Pro Tp Adapter 5Ghz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

PS4 Pro Tp Adapter 5Ghz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
PS4 Pro Tp Adapter 5Ghz
PS4 Pro Tp Adapter 5Ghz
2022-03-09 09:17:42 - last edited 2022-03-31 19:44:57
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hey there. I'm currently using 2.4ghz ICS Home shared network, to vpn my PS4 Pro to NA Servers (I work nights, eu is dead on my days off on pubg ranked). 2.4ghz works, but the connection sometimes isn't so great. I can connect my PS4 Pro to my 5Ghz network on it's own, but for some reason it's not working through the sharing method, that works with the 2.4ghz. 

AC 600 Archer T2UH v1 is my adapter. It does allow me to connect to 5ghz on my pc and mobile through the shared network, just not the PS4 Pro. 

I've tried manually setting the adapter to 5ghz only - which worked for my mobile etc, just not PS. Also separated my connections in my router to abc / abc-5ghz. 

Am I missing something easy? the step I'm failing at is obtaining the IP address on the PS4. 2.4ghz just connects instantly.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:PS4 Pro Tp Adapter 5Ghz-Solution
2022-03-26 09:55:35 - last edited 2022-03-31 19:44:57

@Solla-topee

Sorry for the late reply, but figured I'd leave one instead of leaving it unanswered for if anybody else has the issue. I'm not entirely sure what exactly fixed it, but I tried it again today and it just decided to work. I changed the adapter over to 5ghz to try and do some testing, ran my netsh wlan start hostednetwork command, and it just decided to work today. PS4 Pro connected to it and all is good. :) So i'm not entirely sure what the fix was (but I did enter some command into CMD to hide/remove all wireless internet connections recently, as my VPN was dcing me every few hours when it would try to switch wireless i guess). Not sure if that was the fix, so I only use the adapter for the vpn sharing now, and then Ethernet for internet as usual.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:PS4 Pro Tp Adapter 5Ghz
2022-03-11 07:06:22 - last edited 2022-03-11 07:12:20

Hello   @probablyDean 

This could be related to some router settings: 

• Check if the router has AP isolation that could isolate the devices within the same Wi-Fi band. 
  • Confirm devices PS4 & Windows computer are both connected to main 2.4Ghz/5Ghz Wi-Fi, not Guest Wi-Fi network

If still the same, connect the computer to 5Ghz Wi-Fi band and see if the computer could ping IP address of PS4? 

How to Use the Ping Command

Can I confirm both PS4 and computer with T2U Plus adapter are in the same local network, or under different Wi-Fi routers? 

Options
Re:PS4 Pro Tp Adapter 5Ghz-Solution
2022-03-26 09:55:35 - last edited 2022-03-31 19:44:57

@Solla-topee

Sorry for the late reply, but figured I'd leave one instead of leaving it unanswered for if anybody else has the issue. I'm not entirely sure what exactly fixed it, but I tried it again today and it just decided to work. I changed the adapter over to 5ghz to try and do some testing, ran my netsh wlan start hostednetwork command, and it just decided to work today. PS4 Pro connected to it and all is good. :) So i'm not entirely sure what the fix was (but I did enter some command into CMD to hide/remove all wireless internet connections recently, as my VPN was dcing me every few hours when it would try to switch wireless i guess). Not sure if that was the fix, so I only use the adapter for the vpn sharing now, and then Ethernet for internet as usual.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:PS4 Pro Tp Adapter 5Ghz
2022-03-31 19:44:27

@probablyDean Glad to knowPS4 now connects 5Ghz wifi, your sharing  might provide some hint for users met similar issue and I will mark it as the solution in your thread, thank you for the update here!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 323

Replies: 4

Related Articles