Various devices unable to obtain IP address, intermittent issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-05-22 02:13:32
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8970

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 2.1 v000c.0 Build 130415 Rel.34164n

ISP : PlusNet

I am on my second router and I still get this issue, it is really maddening, HP TouchPad, Iphone, Samsung Note, Nabaztag, o2 Joggler and HP wireless printer all suffer this issue, I have never had a wireless router that is so poor at wifi.

It is intermittent, power cycle sometimes helps but often doesn't, reboot doesn't help.

It doesn't seem as though this issue is being looked in to and my conversations with TP Link Support have been unhelpful.

I have the only wireless network in the area so it isn't down to channel settings.

Such a shame as the modem seems to be very good on the unit.

Am I alone in suffering with this issue?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Various devices unable to obtain IP address, intermittent issue
2013-05-24 09:20:49
never heard this kind of problem, you can change the wireless mode to 11bg mixed to have a try.
Options
Re:Various devices unable to obtain IP address, intermittent issue
2013-06-06 16:10:42

peter wrote

never heard this kind of problem, you can change the wireless mode to 11bg mixed to have a try.

Yes that is what I am currently running with... Still very flakey.

Also makes the purchase rather pointless, I was replacing a 802.11G adsl router :o(

I have some pretty esoteric wireless clients but the biggest issue is with my Samsung Note 1... that's a fairly standard piece of kit, getting that to connect consistently to the network is a trial. I have spent hours staring at the obtaining ip screen on the phone.

Have to say TP Link aren't very communicative either, I sent a copy of my routers log to the tech support people a couple of days ago and have had no response not even an acknowledgement of the email.

I am close to giving up, handing the router back to amazon and moving on.[QUOTE][/QUOTE]
Options
Solved!!!
2013-06-08 20:44:31
I have solved my issue...I have sent the unit back for a refund.

Thankfully Amazon are very understanding... I am sending back the replacement unit they sent me when the first one proved to be poor.

Both units are exactly the same exhibiting exactly the same issues.

Reverted back to my old G router and that will do me unit the replacement similar spec'd ASUS router arrives.

I will be avoiding TP-Link in the future.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 462

Replies: 3