Guest network is not isolated at all

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-10 18:15:30
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 20210414 Rel.58075

Hi, I've bought a kit with 2 M4 units, which I've set up on router mode and as a wi-fi mesh.

I activated the guest mode but while connected to the guest network I can ping and even ssh to a computer on the other network. This makes no sense and I have since de-activated the guest network. I have seen online that for some other units there is an option to isolate the guest network, but by default I assume guest networks are isolated, so this is a serious issue to me.

Can you help ?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Guest network is not isolated at all
2022-03-11 06:18:33

@jmpaiva 

Welcome to the community.

Can you share with me a picture of your network layout?

and please also send me some screenshots that you can ping and ssh to a computer on the main network.

Thank you.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Guest network is not isolated at all
2022-03-14 09:50:17

@David-TP 

Hi, here is the network map (SSIDs and names are blurred for privacy)

This is what I found:

If I am connected to the guest network indeed I cannot ping to users on the other Wi-Fi network, however, I CAN ping computers that I have on a different network into which the Decos are connected, as you can see bellow.

It doesn't ping to 68.144, but it does ping into 151.22

This is wrong and should not happen, Guest network must be completely isolated from all the other networks, not just from the other non-guest Wi-Fi network

Options