Laptop disconnects from internet the second it's VPN is turned on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-11 21:47:31
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6 Build 20211018 Rel. 35617

I have a work laptop that needs a VPN connection back into the office, that being said whenever I turn the VPN on I'm immediately booted from the internet and no longer able to connect to anything. If I switch back to my normal router I can connect just fine but with the TP-Link Deco M9 plus for whatever reason, I get immediately disconnected. Very confused on where to go even to check settings, all of the menus are incredibly simple so there's not too much to even look at. 

Anyone else had this issue before?

The VPN app if needed is called "Pulse Secure"

Options
1 Reply
Re:Laptop disconnects from internet the second it's VPN is turned on
2022-03-14 02:52:34

@Aussie-Hoser welcome to the community.

when the laptop was disconnected from internet service, would other devices or Deco units themselves get affected as well, such as LED flashing red?

And if the VPN was turned off on the laptop, would the internet connection restored automatically?

By the way, have you set up any parental control filtering profiles for this device?

Options