Current channel overloaded

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-11 23:01:41
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

I have a 3-pack of Deco x20. Main Deco working as wireless router and the two other units are both wired to it using a TP-Link Gigabyte switch.

My mobile constantly looses internet connection (still being connected to WiFi). I can't open single web page on my Android phone, while at the same time internet on my wired PC is okay.

On the phone the WiFi strength icon gets an exclamation sign and then phone switches to mobile data and connects back to WiFi 20 seconds later. That happens every 2-3 minutes even if sitting next to the main Deco unit.

I tried running network optimization in the Deco app. It tells me that my *WiFi channel is overloaded*. After optimization network works fine for 5-10 minutes and then starts disconnecting again. Deco app keeps saying the channel is overloaded (tried several times).

There is no way to select channels manually.

Disconnecting happens on all devices at home -not just the phone.

What can I do make the network usable? --Currently I can only work on my mobile data or on wired laptop.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Current channel overloaded
2022-03-14 02:36:46

@mstankie hi, did all your mobile devices have the same issue?

Does it matter whether they are connected to the 2.4ghz or 5gz?---you could turn off the 2.4ghz on the Deco APP for testing.

There are some suggestions for your reference:

1.disable the "mesh technology" on the Deco APP for the mobile devices.

2.turn off the fast roaming under Deco APP>More>Advanced.

Thank you very much and wait for your update.

Options
Re:Current channel overloaded
2022-03-14 08:46:47 - last edited 2022-03-14 09:02:59

@David-TP, yes -all my mobile devices have same issue. There are two laptops which - if working in one place - have acceptable connection. All other devices (more than 5) have same issue.

I solved (bypassed) the problem with overloaded channel by switching off one of the Deco units which is between two others.

Now there is some (poor) connection today.

My Windows laptop (Intel wireless-AC 9260 wifi card) connected automatically to 2.4 GHz network. When I disabled 2.4 it went to not connected (in my Deco app the 5 GHz network is enabled). The laptop is about 3 m away from main Deco unit. There is only a thin wooden wall between them.

Fast roaming is off. Beamforming is on.

How do I disable mesh? -I understand this is for testing only as I had working WiFi before and bought Deco only to get seamless switching...

UPDATE: just tried to optimise network using Deco app and the "channel overloaded" message is back.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 557

Replies: 2

Related Articles