Deco X60 Backhaul and unrecognised devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-12 08:43:24 - last edited 2022-03-12 08:44:47

Question around Backhaul...Using AP mode and still on sky router.

my devices now show Ethernet ..For some reason occasionally I see it show 2.5 & 5Ghz but I'm unsure if that's only depends when I change another deco to master/main  deco.(All are hardwired behind my Cisco network switch)

second question I've only actually connected 2 mobile devices  wireless to the new deco mesh but for some reason it has no name.?

all the other items seen must be picked up somehow through network switch .

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco X60 Backhaul and unrecognised devices
2022-03-14 08:46:23

@Thackers  

Thank you for the feedback.

As for the Ethernet backhaul, it looks like the Cisco switch might have some issue when dealing with standard IEEE 1905.1 protocol.

For more details, please refer to this link:

General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco ---Q4

As for the unknown devices, I think it is more related to the random MAC address, which is very common for Apple devices.

And you could go to Deco APP>Overview>three lines on the top>Deco lab>Wi-Fi assistant>MAC Lookup to see whether you could find the manufacture of the device.

Thank you again.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco X60 Backhaul and unrecognised devices
2022-03-16 14:26:53

@David-TP 

Does this mean the Ethernet Backhaul is working as it should and so no wasted wifi bandwith is been used to optimize the mesh?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 403

Replies: 2

Related Articles