Apple Time Capsule Lost WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-14 21:29:30
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20211103 Res. 32888

Using an Apple Time Capsule for a Time Machine backup, but not using it as a router. Connected to my main Deco by ethernet. Initially worked via WiFi backing up my Time Machine. Then suddenly Time Machine wouldn't backup because it couldn't find the Time Capsule. I then connected the Time Capsule from the Deco main unit to the computer using the ethernet cable, disconnected from Deco.Time Machine now backups to the Time Capsule by the direct ethernet connection.

Why did the Time capsule lose its WiFi function via Deco?

I'd like to restore the WiFi function to the Time Capsule. Any ideas appreciated. Thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Apple Time Capsule Lost WiFi
2022-03-15 09:52:24

@DocKen 

H, if both MacBook and Apple capsule are wired into Deco units via Ethernet cables, would the time machine work on the Mac?

And please also check whether MacBook is still able to ping Apple capsule when it is on wireless network of Deco- How to Use the Ping Command .

There are more suggestions:

1.turn off "Mesh technology" on the Deco APP for MacBook.

2.disable fast roaming/beamforming under Deco APP>More>Advanced.

Options
Re:Apple Time Capsule Lost WiFi
2022-03-15 16:54:19

@David-TP Have connected TC to the mainDeco OR to the desktop Mac, not both. TM to TC only backups via TC to Mac via ethernet.

Using Ping, all 10 packets delivered to the main Deco. I assume thats OK.

Regarding the Mesh Technology, the Apple TC has no toggle to turn it on or off within the Deco app.

Enabling or disabling Beam Forming had no effect on the TC.

Disabling Fast Roaming did solve the problem with my TC working to backup via TM. However it disconnected my Amazon Alexa Music throughout my home!

So in conclusion, I will leave Fast Roaming enabled, and connect TC by ethernet to my Mac desktop, and be satisfied.

Thank you for your response.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 259

Replies: 2

Related Articles