HomeShield very disapointing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-14 22:59:46 - last edited 2022-06-09 02:46:30
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi.

I bought a tp-link router because I was said that they comes with integrated parental control.

First disapointment : HomeShield (not pro) does not provide a way to limit the internet allowed time for my children.

One need to pay for the Pro version. Ok, let's say this software is made by developers that need some faire reward.

BUT, this pro version also comes with a protection against phishing sites, which badly recognised as malicious the site of my children college.

So, they cannot any more do their homework. Such a nice parental control against homework !

I did not found any way to declare that this site is NOT a phishing site, and even worse, I cannot switch off the phishing protection.

Apparently, my only is to cancel my HomeShield pro version :(

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:HomeShield very disapointing-Solution
2022-03-21 09:33:37 - last edited 2022-03-21 11:29:38

Hi. I confirm that my children college web site is now browsable. Phew ! Thanks to the technical staff who solved the issue. I still suggest to add to the application an option to switch off the phishing protection, so to have an immediate solution when such a problem arise. And even better, a white list in the settings, where one can add web sites that his family strongly require. Regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:HomeShield very disapointing
2022-03-15 03:18:25

Hello @Sarek, thank you for reaching out to us, and welcome to the TP-Link community.

Firstly, I would say HomeShield basic also provides some basic features that may be required in a home network, but Parental Control Time Limits do need a Pro subscription. Visit the HomeShield page for more details.

Regarding the protection against phishing sites issue, can you please show us what are they? We may check if they are actually phishing sites or not.

Options
2022-03-15 09:07:47

Kevin_Z wrote

Hello @Sarek, thank you for reaching out to us, and welcome to the TP-Link community.

Firstly, I would say HomeShield basic also provides some basic features that may be required in a home network, but Parental Control Time Limits do need a Pro subscription. Visit the HomeShield page for more details.

Regarding the protection against phishing sites issue, can you please show us what are they? We may check if they are actually phishing sites or not.

Hello Kevin.

The site that we deeply need and is flagged as phishing is below.

I had to "crypt" it somehow with _dot_ instead of real dots, because even this forum deny me the right to put the url,

saying "Content contains illegal external links".

So : https://www_dot_moncollege-ent_dot_essonne_dot_fr/

Regards. 

Options
2022-03-15 09:31:06

@Sarek 

Oh, I forgot that only some URLs in the whitelist can be posted on the forum.

Anyway, I got what you're referring to, I will report to the engineers to check if there is anything we can do.

Options
2022-03-15 09:51:05

Kevin_Z wrote

@Sarek 

Oh, I forgot that only some URLs in the whitelist can be posted on the forum.

Anyway, I got what you're referring to, I will report to the engineers to check if there is anything we can do.

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks. Any trick will help. In the long term, I guess such situation may be frequent, and what we need as users is the possibility to add web sites in a settings white list.

Options
2022-03-15 09:57:32

@Sarek 

Agree. That would be the feature that needs to be added or optimized in the current HomeShield settings.

Options
2022-03-15 10:35:50

@Sarek And as a short term solution : an option to switch on/off the "protection against malicious" sites, so that one can still benefit from HomeShield Pro parental control when there is an issue with the phishing protection.

Options
Re:HomeShield very disapointing-Solution
2022-03-21 09:33:37 - last edited 2022-03-21 11:29:38

Hi. I confirm that my children college web site is now browsable. Phew ! Thanks to the technical staff who solved the issue. I still suggest to add to the application an option to switch off the phishing protection, so to have an immediate solution when such a problem arise. And even better, a white list in the settings, where one can add web sites that his family strongly require. Regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-03-21 11:30:54

@Sarek 

Glad to hear that. Your suggestions have been brought to the decision-makers, they should consider how to improve the HomeShield features.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1364

Replies: 8