Link Archer MR600 + MR6400 and advise about Antenna

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-17 12:51:17
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

We have a hotel business in a remote place and right now we're using a Archer MR600 with a SIM what works decent. When the weather is bad (rain, windy, snow) and when many people are using our wifi our internet is very slow, so I would like to get some advice:

1. As I understand I can connect an Antenna with a SMA connection on the roof and connect it to our MR600 modem.

1.a. Do I have to connect it with only 1 SMA connection of my router? So the other one can still do his job? Or will it be connected with both SMA connectors on the modem?

1.b. Will this improve our reception from our mobile provider and the speed of our internet?

1.c. Apart from receiving the internet from our mobile provider, will it also send our wifi signals from this antenna or our MR600 modem will still do this? 

2. We already have an ethernet cable in our walls from the front of our house on the ground floor to the back of our house on the first (= our top) floor. We were thinking to buy another Archer modem to link both of them. We're living in Georgia (country) and only the MR 6400 is available, the other one I bought in Belgium. I was thinking to put the MR600 on the top floor so I could easily connect it to an external antenna (if this would be a good idea, see question 1) and link it with the MR6400 on the ground floor. As I understand the MR600 got a SMA connection, the MR6400 doesn't. 

2.a. Does this idea make any sense? Or better suggestions?

2.b. If we would put a SIM in both modems (MR600 and MR6400), will both of them send and receive internet and send it to eachother? If yes will it create more MBPS to use if we have many people using our WIFI? 

2.c. If it's possible to connect both with 2 SIM cards, is it also possible to change the settings to make sure 1 SIM card could only be used for the business and not the customers (not always, but temporary moments)?.

I'm curious, thanks already for the advice :).

Max

Options
2 Reply
Re:Link Archer MR600 + MR6400 and advise about Antenna
2022-03-18 02:18:08

@Karmahostel 

Hi,

1.a. If you would like to replace the two external LTE antennas, please replace both of them

1.b. The 4G signal is mainly decided by the ISP and base tower, if the ISP signal itself is not very strong in the area, changing the external antennas might not help, but if the signal itself is very good, but the original LTE antennas are not good enough to receive LTE signal, changing better external LTE antennas will help to recieve better signal

1.c. No, the external antennas are only LTE antennas, not WiFi antennas, it will still use internal WiFi antennas to send WiFi signal

2. Do you know the hardware version of MR6400 available in your area? For MR6400(EU) V4 or V5, the two external antennas are also LTE antennas with SMA connector

2.a. May I know the purpose for you to use a MR6400 with MR600? increase speed or just WiFi range?

2.b. Using SIM cards on both routers will not increase speed, when the 4G router is using SIM card as internet souce, they will not use Ethernet connection as internet source at the same time

2.c. Since MR600 and MR6400 could have different WiFi settings, you could only provide WiF name and password of one router to customers, another router Wi is private and secured

Options
Re:Link Archer MR600 + MR6400 and advise about Antenna
2022-08-20 04:43:04 - last edited 2022-08-20 04:45:10
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 925

Replies: 2