VR600 - causing errors and line faults

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-18 17:09:42
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I found from the start that my VR600 was unstable. It would be fine for long periods but then would start to experience disconnections and I would have to do a hard reboot. I tried everything I could think of. I upgraded the firmware, I even installed the Archer_VR600V3_1.4.0_0.9.1_up_boot(210726)_2021-07-27_08.28.41.bin version supplied by TP-Link tech support as a possible fix. But with no luck. I called my ISP and had them do a line check. With the VR600 connected (I didn't tell them I wasn't using their supplied unit) they said the line was detecting as lots of faults. I then had them test the line with nothing attached in the house. The line was fine. Once again with my TP-Link connected and they had lots of errors. Once again, without telling them I connected their supplied modem (huwei) and had them run the tests again. This time there were no errors and I have been using it since. It seems my VR600 will be getting returned, :(

Before I send it back, is there anything anyone could advise I try? If the ISP can read faults on the line just when the router is connected it seems like a faulty unit to me. Perhaps I am missing something?

thnx

Options
10 Reply
Re:VR600 - causing errors and line faults
2022-03-19 00:06:03 - last edited 2022-03-19 00:06:22

Same problem here this router sooo bad Downgrade to 1.1 and wait this company tplink زفت to fix this problem

Options
2022-03-19 00:06:50
Options
2022-03-19 00:08:57

@Clem_Viking  your problem like this right  after drope down you get like this connecting until you reboot the router r

Options
2022-03-19 10:05:57

@Notok 

I tried firmware 1.1. I tried the latest from TP tech help (experimental, not yet released) It was the same with all of them. The rubbish ISP Huwei is working better so I'm sending mine back for a refund.

Options
2022-03-19 12:43:59

@Clem_Viking you will not get refund they will gave you another one 😂👌🏼

Options
2022-03-19 21:42:44

@Notok 

I'll be returning it to Amazon, they will give a full refund. After that, not my problem

Options
2022-03-23 11:36:59

I was able to connect to the router via Ethernet, go through the Quick Setup to configure the DSL connection, and after that the wired connection has had no issues whatsoever.

At the same time, the Wi-Fi networks show no signs of life. I actually installed a Wi-Fi scanner app on my phone to see if there were hidden networks - there were, but the MAC addresses for those were different than the MAC address of the Wi-Fi access point on the router.

Options
2022-03-23 13:12:30

@SuomyNonaPatri 

I don't have any issues with the router functionof my VR600. It is with the modem function - dropping internet connection with my ISP. I think maybe you should try posting your issues in a different thread? I don't think they are related to the topic here.

Options
2022-03-31 20:48:57

Interesting.

I've had exactly the same behaviour with this Router. I ended up sending it back to TP Link on an RMA and the replacement is exactly the same. Clearly the issue is a firmware problem.

I get a gradual decline in performance with thousands of error packets. A reboot of the router seems to clear this for a while but I also have the issue where it's unable to connect to the ISP (PlusNet) and eventually it does seem to connect.

I've had BT engineers out to replace sockets and do full diagnosis and no fault on the line found. Interestingly, I resorted back to an old TP Link router and it's rock solid with that and no error packets.

I'm just about ready to bin this thing. Really fed up.

Options
2022-03-31 21:10:50

@MrFrustrated 

Hi,

Yes, your description is exactly my own experience. If I return to my old Huawei modem (ISP supplied) I have no disconnects. When I reconnect this TP-Link I might have as much as 3-4 days trouble free - then the disconnects or massive slow downs begin. Sometimes a soft reboot, through the web interface will fix it, but gradually a hard reset at the power source is required. It is enough to make me sure never to buy a TP link product again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1078

Replies: 10