Weak & fluctuating WiFi signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-20 23:24:00 - last edited 2022-03-20 23:54:24
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Latest uploaded March 21 2022 1.5.6 Build 20211018 Rel 35617

The WiFi signal is so weak & fluctuating. Internet connection get cut off often.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Weak & fluctuating WiFi signal
2022-03-21 06:42:05

@Chia-Melvin 

Hi, have you noticed any Deco would turn flashing red during the disconnection?

Since only a wireless connection has been mentioned, do you have the same issue on the Ethernet connection from Deco M9 plus?

And if standing next to one of the Deco units, will the wireless signal still be weak and stable?

Can you also send me a detailed picture of your network layout, such as how M9 plus is connected to the ISP modem?

Thank you very much and It would be highly appreciated if you could provide us more details about your current issue.

Options
2022-03-21 06:55:57 - last edited 2022-03-21 06:57:32

have you noticed any Deco would turn flashing red during the disconnection? Just red.

Since only a wireless connection has been mentioned, do you have the same issue on the Ethernet connection from Deco M9 plus? Not tested with Ethernet.

And if standing next to one of the Deco units, will the wireless signal still be weak and stable? Yes. It seems to fluctuate stronger & drop suddenly. My WiFi signal analyzer app confirmed what I saw on the phone's signal bar.

Can you also send me a detailed picture of your network layout, such as how M9 plus is connected to the ISP modem? ISP modem<=> Deco M9+ wifi to devices.

Options
2022-03-23 08:24:32

@Chia-Melvin 

Hi, thank you for the feedback.

May I know who is your internet service provider? and what is the model number of your ISP cable modem?

Could you please also leave me a private message of your TP-Link ID for Deco APP?

By the way, when Deco is red and the internet dropped out, do you need to restart the Deco to restore the internet connection or it could come back online automatically?

Options
2022-03-23 12:30:17

David-TP wrote

@Chia-Melvin 

Hi, thank you for the feedback.

May I know who is your internet service provider? and what is the model number of your ISP cable modem?

Could you please also leave me a private message of your TP-Link ID for Deco APP?

By the way, when Deco is red and the internet dropped out, do you need to restart the Deco to restore the internet connection or it could come back online automatically?

@David-TP 

model number of your ISP cable modem?

Huawei EchoLife HG8240H

Could you please also leave me a private message of your TP-Link ID for Deco APP? How to PM?

By the way, when Deco is red and the internet dropped out, do you need to restart the Deco to restore the internet connection or it could come back online automatically? Resume automatically.

Options
2022-03-23 12:37:50
ISP is TIME dotCom. (TIME)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 636

Replies: 6

Related Articles