Configuration AX53 with IPTV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-21 23:45:30
Model: Archer AX53  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20220114 rel.37115(4555)

Hello,

I have some doubts about the configuration of the Archer AX53 Router.

I have movistar company with IPTV and I have configured the company router in bridge mode.

I have configured the tp-link router with Internet Connection Type: PPPoE, getting the internet working.
I have also enabled the IPTV / VLAN in Bridge mode, getting the movistar IPTV working, selecting port 3 as IPTV, but there are some applications within the movistar decoder, which work with internet, and selecting port 3 as IPTV does not give me internet connection on that port and therefore I do not work those applications or services such as netflix or disney plus.
How can I solve this?

On the other hand, I have also tried connecting a Movistar ONT directly to the TP-Link router.
I have configured it by enabling the IPTV / VLAN in custom mode, assigning the following parameters

Internet VLAN ID: 6
Internet VLAN Priority: 1

IPTV VLAN ID: 2
IPTV VLAN Priority: 4

I have managed to get the internet working, but I have not managed to get movistar IPTV working, as I have not been able to enter the IP of the movistar decoder 10.149.162.XXX, nor the subnet mask 255.128.0.0, nor the gateway 10.128.0.1 nor the DNS 172.26.23.3.

Where should I enter this data for movistar IPTV to work?

I have also tried to enter this data directly into the Movistar decoder, changing it from DHCP mode to static mode and entering IP, subnet mask, gateway and DNS and I still can't get IPTV to work on the TP-Link router.

Have I left something to configure, some routing or similar?

Thanks and best regards.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Configuration AX53 with IPTV
2022-03-23 03:31:09

@Axelsan 

Can I have a detailed network layout first that how the Movistar ONT, AX53, and decoder are connected to the network?

"I have also enabled the IPTV / VLAN in Bridge mode, getting the movistar IPTV working, selecting port 3 as IPTV, but there are some applications within the movistar decoder, which work with internet, and selecting port 3 as IPTV does not give me internet connection on that port and therefore I do not work those applications or services such as netflix or disney plus."

Does this mean you're configuring the IPTV settings on the AX53 or on the bridged modem? If these are the settings on the AX53, LAN 3 port can only give you IPTV service, it cannot give you internet access simultaneously. You may need a special router that is designed for this service you are requiring.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Configuration AX53 with IPTV
2022-03-23 15:22:03

@Kevin_Z 

Hello Kevin,

What do you need to know about my network layout exactly?

I have connected the Movistar Router (bridge mode) by ethernet cable to the AX53. The decoder is connected to the AX53 router by ethernet cable.

The Movistar router has ONT inside.

It is working fine, except the internet connection on the IPTV port 3, that this port does not have internet.
Which special router I will need to have working both IPTV and internet connection?

I also have tried with an external ONT, connected directly to the router AX53, but I only get connected the internet. The IPTV doesn't work and I don't know what to try to get the IPTV working.

Maybe this router is not ready for working the IPTV..

I'm also suffering wi-fi cuts on 2.4GHZ, I have configured the router as intelligent connection, but on 2.4GHZ it doesn't work fine, with a lot of cuts... was working better the movistar router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1084

Replies: 2

Related Articles