Push notifications not working on Android phone while on WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-25 05:32:42
Model: Deco X20-DSL  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20210807 Rel 46250

Hi there, 

I am on a Samsung Galaxy S8+ on Android 10.

I have noticed that when I turn off WiFi on my phone, I suddenly get push notifications coming through my phone. This happens at anytime of the day and it happens immediately. 

For my device and my profile on the Deco app, I have no restrictions set in Homeshield. 

Any settings that contribute to this? 

Cheers 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Push notifications not working on Android phone while on WiFi
2022-03-28 02:52:10 - last edited 2022-03-28 02:56:12

@Jasmac 

Hi, what kind of notification you have received in the Message, something like"Monthly Report" and "New Device Detected"?

And if there is no push notification on the phone, when you go to Message on the Deco APP, would there be any new messages?

Options
2022-03-28 09:08:24

@David-TP 

Hi there, 

The weekly report notification only just came through as a notification when I turned off WiFi on my phone. I can see the report in the Deco app just fine.

Also other notifications such as WhatsApp, Google etc. only came through then as well. 

I have gone through my phone settings and I cannot see anything limiting notifications while on WiFi

Cheers 

Options
2022-03-29 09:00:06

@Jasmac 

Thanks for the update.

Except for Samsung Galaxy S8+, Do you have any other devices that could not receive any push notifications when connected to Deco?

If it is only Samsung Galaxy S8+, I tend to think it is more related to the smartphone.

And I searched for "Samsung Galaxy S8+ no push notification" on Google, there is an old post but I am not allowed to add it here.

Maybe you could search on Google as well for more details.

Options