All Decos lose internet when one is powered off, need multiple reboots to reconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

All Decos lose internet when one is powered off, need multiple reboots to reconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-25 13:31:51
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.7 build 20210819 Rel 43499

This is a bit of a strange one and has only just started.

I have 4 M5's around the house and one is the hall, if I disconnect the plug it is connected to (to power my hoover) it knocks all the other 3 m5's offline, then it's a PITA to get them back up again.

Anyone else had this, I've been unplugging the device for some years with no problem prior to this, I'm ubnclear why one going offline would drag the others off too.

Options
8 Reply
Re:All Decos lose internet when one is powered off, need multiple reboots to reconnect
2022-03-28 06:06:36

@tgoHi,

Did you mean that after disconnecting the power plug of the one Deco, the other 3*Deco M5 are disconnected and turned red?

Did you disconnect the main Deco M5?

if yes, since the main M5 is the head of Mesh network and all other satellite units get internet service directly or indirectly, once the main unit is down, others will disconnect as well.

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:All Decos lose internet when one is powered off, need multiple reboots to reconnect
2022-03-28 20:08:45

@David-TP 

No it's one of the satellites, not the main one.

Options
2022-03-29 08:40:32

@tgo 

In this way, can I have a full picture of your network topology from the ISP modem to satellite Deco nodes?

Please help me mark out the model number of the switch if there is any.

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-03-29 09:38:32

@David-TP 

Virgin Media Superhub 4 in modem mode, main M5 linked directly to superhub, all other m5's connected wirelessly to the master.

Options
2022-03-30 03:52:42

@tgo 

Hi, it is quite unexpected, and are you able to reproduce the same issue all the time?

It is specific to one satellite unit, not any satellites randomly?

By the way, when all units are offline, would the LED lights on all of them turn red as well?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-03-30 09:52:04

@David-TP 

Hi its  always the hall deco and yes all the other M5's led's go red, (this M5 is not the master)

Options
2022-03-31 06:48:37

@tgo 

Hi,  Could you please try to swap the location of different satellite units to see whether the problem follows the location or a specific Deco?

(changing the location did not need additional configuration and they would be plug and play. )

By the way, may I know how long have you had the Deco?

Thank you and wait for your reply.

Options
2022-03-31 11:17:22

@David-TP 

I'll swap that M5 out with another, interestingly the one that causes the issues isn't one of the original 3 pack I had, but a separate one I got some time later to make up missing coverage, I have no idea if it's the same Hardware no or firmware as the others as I just use the deco app to update everything.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 519

Replies: 8