Deco X20 wifi issues for legacy airplay speakers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-26 07:03:23
Model: Deco X20-DSL  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

I used to have a pair of Deco M9 Plus that worked perfectly with all my legacy 2.5 mhz band Airplay speakers (B&W A5) for the last 2 years.

Some months ago I added a Deco X20-DSL, replacing the previous M9 as the main Deco, and relocating the M9 to wireless outdoor deck location.  Ever since then I have unreliable connections to all my legacy 2.5 band airplay speakers.  Sometimes they work ok for days, other times they drop in and out from anywhere between 20 seconds and minutes at a time.  One speaker is only 4' from the main X20-DSL,  another is only 2' from a Ethernet connected M9.  Many times the audio source is Ethernet connected. I've tried disabling the mesh technology for these devices, and it has made no improvement. I've also tried resetting them and re-establishing the network connections.

Is there some compatibility issues here caused by the newer Deco X20?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco X20 wifi issues for legacy airplay speakers
2022-03-28 06:23:23

@Toddybody 

Hi, please check the wireless security mode on the Deco X20-DSL, and have you chosen WPA3/WPA2 mixed, or only WPA2?

Could you please also turn off the "fast roaming" and "beamforming" under Deco APP>More>Advanced?

And do you set up X20-DSL as a DSL modem router?

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-03-29 01:30:43

@David-TP  My security mode setting is WPA2 only.  Yes I have the X20-DSL set up as a DSL modem router.  Fast Roaming was disabled. I have now disabled Beamforming too.. so far so good (although I think I have tried this before). I will monitor and see if this resolves the issue.

Options
2022-03-29 16:56:23 - last edited 2022-03-29 16:56:39

@Toddybody Change your Wifi password in alphanumeric format (Ex: Abc123), avoid special character in both SSID and password. Then force your wifi to use WPA2 (AES) encryption

Options