Votes

[FEATURE REQUEST] Bandwidth control options for Deco series

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-26 17:41:44 - last edited 2022-11-03 11:08:03
Tags: #Bandwidth Control
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Please support a feature (outside of QoS) that supports simple network-wide bandwidth limits, then in a future release extend that to individual device customization. 

ISP data caps and parental controls are both use cases to simply apply bandwidth filters at will, and it is long overdue. The solution/top answer to related forum posts on this subject is to get rid of your deco and revert to a cheap Chinese competitor that offers more functionality. That doesn't seem like an optimal  solution for anyone, so hopefully we get this feature in a timely fashion. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:[FEATURE REQUEST] Bandwidth control options for Deco series
2022-03-31 12:29:12

@nema2 

Depending on the ISP speeds QoS may get in the way but I did find that QoS does solve one issue with most ISP's and that is buffer bloat. Buffer bloat will cause all sorts of issues with teleconferencing and VoIP traffic inducing jitter. I have been able to use a 100 mbps down/ 20 mbps up with QoS and 4 work from home folks in my home with no issues with conferencing. If I turned off QoS then we have lots of robot voices on the meetings.

I still want QoS but I hope they could have both like Asus.

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 748

Replies: 1

Voters 3

Tags

Bandwidth Control