Issue with Deco X20 Home Shield Pro Subscription

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-29 09:54:04
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20220110 Rel 60118

Hi Experts,

Whether anyone has noticed issues with Deco X20 Home shield Pro subscription.

Even though I have subscribed to Home Shield Pro, but still the Parental Controls in Deco app fails to recognize the subscription and keeps on displaying to upgrade to Pro to use all its features.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Issue with Deco X20 Home Shield Pro Subscription
2022-03-30 02:57:37

@Atul72 

Hi, nice to see you again.

I see the engineer is requesting beta firmware for the NTP issue and as for the HomeShield subscription, if you sign out of the Deco APP again and log in again, will you still see the repeated subscription notice?

Options
2022-03-30 08:42:00 - last edited 2022-03-30 08:53:52

@David-TP Thanks David. After Re-Login, It does not prompt to again register for Home Shield Pro.

However, it you go to Parental Controls  or Real Time Protection Section under Home shield, it does not recognize that i already have the Pro Subscription. 

If you click to subscribe again (Either from Parental control or Real Time Pro Tab) , -> It prompts for the network to which we need to apply the subs. -> On confirmation  gives a success message , with button Enjoy Now -> If you click Enjoy Now, app tries to load the Home Shield Pro screen ( with Loading percentage) and it always crashes at 88%.

I have uninstalled the app, reinstalled it again, reconfigured my Deco but it never seems to be working.

After this, if you go to Profile -> Home shield Pro Tab -> it shows that i have subscription but other modules like Parental Control and Real - Time Protection Section, shows that in order to use these features i need to buy Home Shield Pro.

Just FYI - My App version is 2.11.6 and i am using it on ios 15.4

Below screen shot might be more insight.

Options
2022-03-31 02:01:21

@Atul72 

Hi, could you please try to power cycle all the Deco units to have a look?

In case there is no difference and I reported your case to the senior engineers, and please also check the email for further assistance.

Options
2022-03-31 11:26:30

@David-TP Hi David, I have tried doing a power cycling but the issue still exists in app.

It crashes at exactly 88%, and post that both Parental control and Real Time Protection Tab is unable to recongise the purchased subscription.

Options
2022-04-01 05:47:33

@Atul72 Thank you very much.

The engineers would like to take over your case and please check the email for further assistance.

Options
2022-04-04 11:48:14

@David-TP Hi David, FYI - Two days back, I have got a updated firmware for my other issue ( Timezone one), but looks it has only resolved the Date , time is still running behind by couple of hours. But looks after that fix, my this issue is resolved now.

Don't know if TP link has changed something from backend but i am not seeing this issue from the time i have applied the updated Firmware. You may want to inform to the concered team.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 568

Replies: 6

Related Articles