RE650 V1 repeater problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-30 04:54:41 - last edited 2022-04-21 10:56:46
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9

Hello, today I found a peculiar problem in the RE650 model, installing it at home and removing my RE200 that was in mesh with my Archer C6 and RE450, when installing the RE650 I noticed a problem in the MAC of this device, all repeaters and routers are based on the MAC of the 2.4GHz network this happens with my Archer C5, Archer C6 and my RE200 and RE450,But the MAC address of the RE650 is that of the 5GHz network, would that explain why my 2.4GHz network has been suffering from so many problems on this device and I wanted to understand why? How solve ? Would an update solve this problem? Or is it my device that is faulty?

I will send some images below showing this peculiarity 

Here is the MAC address of the three devices, see that the MAC of the RE450 model is the 2.4GHz Network similar to it, Archer C6 also uses the 2.4GHz network MAC.

MAC address of my RE450, See that it is the same as in the image above, it is also the MAC address of the 2.4GHz network. 

I will now show the Archer C6 router, showing again that the MAC used is the 2.4GHz network.

The image shows the MAC of the 2.4GHz network of the Archer C6 router being again the same as in the first image.

Now in the next image comes the MAC address of the RE650 repeater being the number two and the first one is the Router Archer C6 both in the 2.4GHz network, I used my RE450, to do a search in the networks of 2.4GHz, the image shows the RE650 with a totally different MAC address than the one shown in the first image uploaded. And the Archer C6 router remains with the same MAC address of the first image and the others.

Device number one is the Archer C6 it even has the name ali mesh showing the option to form a mesh network with my RE450 , and device number two is the 2.4GHz network of my RE650 and see the MAC address totally different from the one shown in the first image, the MAC address it uses as the default is the 5GHz network, the next image shows this well in all the details 

I look forward to any help or response, a solution, thanks in advance.

@Solla-topee 

@Kevin_Z ......

Options
2 Reply
Re:RE650 V1 repeater problems
2022-03-30 07:38:57

Hello  @Andrsouzaaa 

To be clear, the RE 2.4Ghz unstable issue does not have related with what MAC address show up when scan for RE's SSID. 

Range extender MAC address mechanism is quite complicated, some range extender  uses different MAC addresses to talk with router, and talk with client devices. 

Options
Re:RE650 V1 repeater problems
2022-03-30 08:30:11

@Solla-topee It was not my intention to say that the problem is related to this, I just wanted to understand why it is different from the others, what the reason is, and if this is normal or my device is having problems

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 510

Replies: 2

Related Articles