Very slow speed through main deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-02 16:28:00 - last edited 2022-04-02 18:13:22
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I'm only getting 15mbps through my main deco (tested wireless and Ethernet) of a >200mbps connection through Starlink. 

I understand I shouldn't get more than around 90mbps with an E4, but I'm not sure why I'm losing quite so much speed.

The deco is in AP mode, connected to the Starlink Ethernet adapter via 1m long cat 6. I've tested the Starlink Ethernet and speeds are the same as wireless, so the drop off is defs in the deco.

I've tried resetting, using a different deco as the main deco, and putting it in router mode. No change in the speed through the deco.

I have used the same set up on a different isp and got around 75.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Is there any reason deco wouldn't play well with Starlink?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Very slow speed through main deco
2022-04-04 12:49:08

Closing the loop - managed to get it working by ordering an M4 and using it as the main deco. 

For some unknown reason the E4 doesn't like Starlink or just can't handle that sort of speed.

Options
Re:Very slow speed through main deco
2022-04-06 09:16:35

@N1ck_w87 

Hi, thank you very much for your update.

It is more related to the Ethernet ports on the Deco E4:2× 10/100 Mbps Ports 

And for Deco M4, it has 2× 10/100/1000 Mbps Ports.

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/deco/deco-e4/#specifications

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 750

Replies: 2

Related Articles