Bridge Mode Confirmed with RE200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-04 11:59:17 - last edited 2022-04-04 12:04:39
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 210408 Rel.37106n (6585)

I was searching for a cheap bridge to connect a printer to my Unifi network. I came across a few posts with this specific question (e.g: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/101566)  but no firm answer so...

I can confirm that the RE200 can be setup in bridge mode! There isn't specifically a "bridge" option in the setup, you have to manually configure it which is simple.

There are two modes "Range Extender" and "Access Point", you want to choose "Range Extended". If during the setup it asked to create a new wireless network (to extend the range) just put whatever it. Run through the setup to connect it to your main network and afterwards go back to the "Wireless" settings. From there you can keep your "host" network active and simply disable the "Extended network". The Ethernet port will stay up and voila, bridge mode.

Hoping this will save others some time when doing research in the future.

Edit: Don't forget to turn OFF "DHCP Server" in the "Network" settings, it's on Auto by default.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Bridge Mode Confirmed with RE200
2022-04-06 08:01:53 - last edited 2022-04-06 08:02:48

Hello  @Urizha 

thank you for the sharing!

In range extender mode, Range extender that comes with an Ethernet port could provide Internet both via WiFi & Ethernet cable connection. 

Network topology:  Router <Wireless >Range Extender (Range Extender mode) <Wireless/*  Ethernet) > PC/ laptops and other client devices

Note:  your RE model should have an Ethernet port to provide internet to network device through Ethernet connection

You could hide the SSID on range extender if do not want to use WiFi feature of RE, but not completely disabling both bands (need to leave at least one band to link RE and router)

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1462

Replies: 1

Related Articles