Disable 5g band

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Disable 5g band

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Disable 5g band
Disable 5g band
2022-04-04 12:21:53
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.10.0 Build 210716 Rel.51301n(4555)

Hello,

On my router, it is impossible for me to disable the 5g band permanently. The deactivation is validated on recording, the LED goes out, but on reboot, the 5g band is enable again.

The operation was repeated several times.

Thank you for your help.

Options
9 Reply
Re:Disable 5g band
2022-04-06 07:32:27

@Didier_M 

Do you want to permanently disable the 5G wireless on the router? Do you mean whenever you reboot the router, it will reactive the 5G wireless network automatically? How about the 2.4G network? If you disable it also, will the reboot reactive it also when rebooting the router?

How did you reboot the router, via the power button on the router or via Reboot Schedule?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-04-06 11:35:30

@Kevin_Z 

Yes, i want to permanently disable the 5G wireless on my router and it will reactive the 5G wireless network automatically at reboot.

For 2.4G network, have not to test but i want to keep this band.

I reboot the router via the power button.

Thank for your reply.

Options
2022-04-06 11:44:27

@Didier_M 

Thank you. Can you confirm if you've enabled any settings like Wireless Schedule or Reboot Schedule (Page 71-72) on the router web GUI?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-04-06 12:07:29

@Kevin_Z 

Yes, i have enabled any settings like Wireless Schedule on the router.

Options
2022-04-07 09:34:09

@Didier_M 

Can I have the schedule settings for the wireless? Does it take effect for both 2.4G and 5G networks, or can you configure it separately for 2.4G and 5G? If you have configured the Wireless Schedule for both networks, the 5G network will also take effect as scheduled to be on or off.

Options
2022-04-07 11:06:51

@Kevin_Z 

No, as you can see from the screenshot, the separate configuration is not provided.

Options
2022-04-07 11:19:44

@Didier_M 

Got you. What if you disable the Wireless Schedule on the web? Will the 5G also active again if you reboot the router manually?

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up. Thank you.

Options
2022-04-07 15:36:04

@Kevin_Z 

I've disabled Wireless Schedule and 5g network but the 5g network is not reactivated on reboot.

But, as soon as i reactivate the Wireless Schedule, the 5g network is reactivated immediately.

So it's no good.

Options
2022-04-08 01:10:17

@Didier_M 

Copy that. I have reported this to the engineers also, so they will look into this issue soon. Please check and respond to the email to get a direct message from them.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 627

Replies: 9

Related Articles