AX1500 randomly disconnects ethernet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-04 12:55:23 - last edited 2022-04-04 12:56:50
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20220117 Rel. 52085(4555)

Hello!

I've been experiencing an issue for the past couple months wherein my desktop PC - connected to the AX1500 via CAT7 ethernet - will be randomly disconnected from the internet for a few seconds, before restoring connection. The LAN LED on the router also briefly turns off during these instances.

To explain the set-up: the AX1500 is currently in Access Point mode, and connected via ethernet to a router in another building.

When my desktop is disconnected, the rest of the network does not appear affected at all: my partner's Playstation 4, which is connected to the AX1500 via Wi-Fi, does not lose connection, nor do our phones.

Looking into the system log I appear to get this whenever these disconnection episodes occur, of varying lengths:

2022-04-04 13:00:38 Led Controller INFO [911] Start to run WAN1_ON

2022-04-04 13:00:38 Led Controller INFO [911] Start to run WAN0_OFF

2022-04-04 13:00:38 Led Controller INFO [911] Start to run LAN_ON

2022-04-04 13:00:34 Led Controller INFO [911] Start to run WAN1_ON

2022-04-04 13:00:34 Led Controller INFO [911] Start to run WAN0_OFF

2022-04-04 13:00:34 Led Controller INFO [911] Start to run LAN_OFF

I've noticed this also occasionally causes the ethernet's speed to become limited to 100mbps (rather than 1gbps), requiring me to manually reconnect the ethernet cable to get it back up to its proper speed.

I've also changed a number of the Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller settings in case the fault lies with my PC (e.g. disabling, energy-efficient ethernet, power-saving mode etc)

Any help is understanding why this is happening would be much appreciated.

@Kevin_Z

Options
3 Reply
Re:AX1500 randomly disconnects ethernet connection
2022-04-06 06:59:43

@BennyBicknel 

Are there any other devices that can be used to test the wired connection from the AX1500? Can I have the exact model of the Realtek PCIe adapter? Please update and install the latest driver for the adapter then monitor again.

When the PC lost internet access, does it still have a valid IP address and gateway? Are you able to ping the gateway at that time?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-04-07 16:12:50

@Kevin_Z 

Unfortunately I don't have any other devices to test this sufficiently on.

The adapter's model is: Realtek® 8111H Gigabit LAN controller

I have updated the adapter's model to the latest driver (10.56.119.2022), and the issue is persisting.

Could you please clarify what you mean by your last point, and how I would test it?

On IPs: I've assigned the router to have a static IP, and disabled the DHCP server.

Thanks!

Options
2022-04-08 03:13:55

@BennyBicknel 

Sorry for not making it clear.

You can find the IP address and gateway IP on this PC by following this guide. When the internet is not available, I would like to know if there is still a valid IP address on the PC, which will determine if the PC is disconnected from the router or if it just lost the internet. If there is still an IP address, please try to do a ping test like this, try to ping the gateway IP, which could be 192.168.0.1 if you didn't change it.

BTW, I just published some additional troubleshooting suggestions in the following thread, please check if any helps:

Ethernet wired connection keeps droping while Wi-Fi works fine

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 807

Replies: 3

Related Articles