Archer AX6000 Unstable & Speed Dropped

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-06 11:05:53
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 Build 20210719 rel.12163(5553)

Hi TP-Link

I have an ISP providing 1,000 mb/s in house fiber cable connection, the fiber cable will connect to their modem, and then a Cat.6 cable connects my Archer AX6000 router.

I've purchased my 1st AX6000 router in October 2020, at that time, the Speed Test can get upto 9xx mb/s both download and upload speed.

Recently, March 2022, I found that my internet connection was not stable and the speed in AX6000 drops. For example:

1. When I browsing YouTube, the advertisement cannot be loaded. It will just keep loading. But if I refresh my page, it can load again.
  2. Sometimes, I am browsing Facebook, and the browser returns error that webpage not found. The internet connect is still and problem gone if I refresh page.
  3. I do speed test on AX6000 to speed test, result speed test only 3xx mb/s for download & 7xx mb for upload speed. But if I directly speed test ISP modem, it can get upto 1,000 mb/s for both upload and download speed.

I've tried to report the problem to my ISP, an my ISP does exchange their modem to latest model. They did proven the Internet connection are stable and new modem also get speed upto 1,000 mb/s for both upload and download speed.

Next, I use a brand new Cat 6 cables for test

1. I used this Cat.6 cable to connect modem with my PC, result are stable and speed upto 1,000 mb/s for both upload and download speed.
  2. I used this Cat.6 cable to connect modem with AX6000, result speed test only 3xx mb/s for download & 7xx mb for upload speed.

I've contacted TP-Link support in Hong Kong - Case number: TKID220404753 and they offer me an exchange of device. 

Now, with my brand new AX6000, I am testing the stability but the speed test still similar with original one.

The new AX6000 also reflecting only 3xx mb/s for download & 7xx mb for upload speed.

I've set the QoS as 'Standard Mode'

Bandwidth as both 1,024 mb/s for upload and download.

My 'Internet Port Negotitation Speed' also manually set to '1000Mbps Full Duplex'

Please, TP-Link can you kindly advise anything else I can fix this issue?

Similar thread: 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/521166

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/257872

Regards

Tony

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer AX6000 Unstable & Speed Dropped
2022-04-06 11:56:37

Hello @TonyNgan, thank you very much for reporting the issue to the community.

Can you please go through the configuration guide in this FAQ to review the QoS settings again on the AX11000, and confirm there is no device in High Priority?

How to turn off the QoS feature on TP-Link Router?

If that is possible, I would also suggest resetting the AX11000 to factory defaults to exclude all settings, then try reconfiguring it from scratch to see if that makes a difference.

If none helps resolve it, I would like to escalate the case to the support engineers, they will try to investigate it further.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-04-06 13:45:01

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your reply. But my router is AX6000, not AX11000.

And I have already disabled QoS, no device are in priority. 

Besides, I was exchanged a new AX6000. So I think is similar to resetting the router (means I setup new router from scratch)

Regards

Tony

Options
2022-04-07 02:02:08

@TonyNgan 

Sorry for the typo.laugh

I agree that the new Archer AX6000 could be in the factory default mode, but I would still suggest resetting it to factory again to exclude all possible settings that may cause the speed issue, and just set up the internet on it to confirm if you can get a normal speed.

BTW, I would escalate the case to the support engineers for further analysis. Please check your registered email box to follow it up. Thank you.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 664

Replies: 3

Related Articles