Deco M4 satellite units keep disconnecting [using Starlink]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-06 14:01:24 - last edited 2022-04-07 03:06:12
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.2

I'm trying to set up a mesh network for my Starlink and i'm failing!! 

I can set the main Deco fine (that is connected via ethernet to my starlink router). But the other 2 keep disconnecting and flashing red. So, as instructed, I plug one out and move it to be nearer the main node (and my Starlink router) and once it's booted up it's fine and lights up white. My deco app then confirms that all 3 are connected. So then I unplug it and move it back into the lounge upstairs whereby it immediately disconnects and flashes red. And brings the other one down (deco 3) with it.

Main Deco (1) and router - in my office on the ground floor. 

Deco 2 - upstairs directly above Deco 1 in the lounge/living room.

Deco 3 - also on the ground floor about 20m away from Deco 1

I've tried setting up the Deco network as an Access point instead and that doesn't seem to make a difference. 

Also Deco 1 has TERRIBLE download speed compared to the Starlink router (currently at 1mpbs compared to 160-220 mpbs with the Starlink router). 

What am I doing wrong? Are there any settings I need to implementing?

Any help appreciated or else these fellas are being sent back.

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4 satellite units keep disconnecting [using Starlink]
2022-04-07 03:14:53

@Lex44 

Thank you very much for the feedback.

Could you please try to update the firmware on the Deco M4 to be the latest 1.5.4 first:

(if the Deco APP could not detect the latest 1.5.4 firmware and please refer to the following link to manually update the firmware via web UI)

Deco M4(EU)_V2_1.5.4_220113

How to Update the Firmware of Deco

I think 20m would be too far away for Deco and it is suggested to put the satellite in the middle/halfway of the main Deco and the place where Wi-Fi is needed.

and 1m/s is far too slow for Deco M4, have you tested the 5ghz Wi-Fi on different devices? are they all the same with slow speed?

Please also have a look at this link:Troubleshooting: Slow Internet Speed with Deco Devices

Thank you and wait for your update.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 629

Replies: 1

Related Articles